My name is Aurelio and I have been cross-stitching for more than 20 years. Shortly after learning how to make cross stitch, I discovered “Devil Stitch”, which I am passionate about and has led me to make many cross-stitch embroideries and also create my own brand and my own software to obtain cross stitch graphs.
Thus, our company name is Rosace Europa, but we don’t sell Rosace skeins (Hilos Rosace) anymore: we sell our brand, Pandathread
Considering that I needed a lot of materials to create my embroideries, traditional brands were very expensive. Also, I needed to buy all materials separately and organize them before starting my embroidery. This preparation took me a long time and it wasn’t very motivating: the skein and the bobbin (which is a cardboard support) have to be bought separately when you buy traditional brands, you have to write the colour code on the cardboard manually and the thread has to be wounded around the cardboard by hand right after you start using the skein, otherwise it gets damaged and it then has to be thrown away.
This is the reason why I decided to create my own brand, thinking like the end user and therefore including all advantages and features that were missing in traditional brands. This way, I created an added-value brand which is unique in the cross-stitch world and different from traditional brands due to the advantages that my brand offers:
- It is less expensive than traditional brands and it includes more quantity of material for a cheaper price, which makes cross stitch affordable for users
- The material is prepared to start your embroidery directly, without previous preparation needed: enjoy your embroidery since the beginning!
- We are the only brand that sells the skein already wounded on its own bobbin (which is a cardholder). We have patented this model of presentation
- Many other advantages which you can see if you click on this skein page.
As I explained before, I am passionate about “Devil Stitch” and I would like to share this technique with everyone. Click on this link to see the video which teaches you how to create “Devil Stitch” embroideries:
- It is similar to Cross Stitch, but the embroideries are bigger, and it has embossed textures. Thus, the results are more impressive
- Also, as the stitch is bigger, it is not hard on the eyes
- Even though Devil Stitch is about three times the size of Cross Stitch, it only needs about 30% more of material than what you need for Cross Stitch
Free Cross Stitch Software
Also, I created my own free of charge software to allow users customize their embroideries, so you can create and design any theme you may like, because of the following reasons:
- As cross-stitch magazines have disappeared and also because there wasn’t a wide variety to choose.
- Other available software are complex to understand and also expensive: there is a service fee to be paid and the quality is not very good, as the results from other software have a “pixeled” effect.
- You neither need to read instructions nor know how to use it, as the software guides you step by step and it is free of charge: easy to use for anyone!
It has been a long journey that has taken us to where we are now, starting as amateurs, continuing another step further by selling Rosace skeins (this is the reason why our old website remains running: hilosrosace.com) and finally, creating our own brand Hilos Panda, with our own layout format for skeins which we have patented: a comfortable layout which makes cross stitch easy and fun, as no preparation is needed to start your embroidery as soon as you receive your order!
We’d love to hear from you and build out your next embroidery work. Drop us a line and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!